Imperial Capital Drisdal
- 1 Chapter 66 4 months ago
- 2 Chapter 67 4 months ago
- 3 Chapter 68 4 months ago
- 4 Chapter 69 4 months ago
- 5 Chapter 70 4 months ago
- 6 Chapter 71 4 months ago
- 7 Chapter 72 4 months ago
- 8 Chapter 73 4 months ago
- 9 Chapter 74 4 months ago
- 10 Chapter 75 4 months ago
- 11 Chapter 76 4 months ago
- 12 Chapter 77 4 months ago
- 13 Chapter 78 4 months ago
- 14 Chapter 79 4 months ago
- 15 Chapter 80 4 months ago
- 16 Chapter 81 4 months ago
- 17 Chapter 82 4 months ago
- 18 Chapter 83 4 months ago
- 19 Chapter 84 4 months ago
- 20 Chapter 85 4 months ago
- 21 Chapter 86 4 months ago
- 22 Chapter 87 4 months ago
- 23 Chapter 88 4 months ago
- 24 Chapter 89 4 months ago
- 25 Chapter 90 4 months ago
- 26 Chapter 91 4 months ago
- 27 Chapter 92 4 months ago
- 28 Chapter 93 4 months ago
- 29 Chapter 94 3 months ago
- 30 Chapter 95 3 months ago
- 31 Chapter 96 3 months ago
- 32 Chapter 97 3 months ago
- 33 Chapter 98 3 months ago
- 34 Chapter 99 3 months ago
- 35 Chapter 100 3 months ago
- 36 Chapter 101 3 months ago
- 37 Chapter 102 3 months ago
- 38 Chapter 103 3 months ago
- 39 Chapter 104 3 months ago
- 40 Chapter 105 3 months ago
- 41 Chapter 106 3 months ago
- 42 Chapter 107 3 months ago
- 43 Chapter 108 3 months ago
- 44 Chapter 109 3 months ago
- 45 Chapter 110 3 months ago
- 46 Chapter 111 3 months ago
- 47 Chapter 112 3 months ago
- 48 Chapter 113 3 months ago
- 49 Chapter 114 3 months ago
- 50 Chapter 115 3 months ago
- 51 Chapter 116 3 months ago
- 52 Chapter 117 3 months ago
- 53 Chapter 118 3 months ago
- 54 Chapter 119 3 months ago
- 55 Chapter 120 3 months ago
- 56 Chapter 121 3 months ago
- 57 Chapter 122 3 months ago
- 58 Chapter 123 3 months ago
- 59 Chapter 124 3 months ago
- 60 Chapter 125 2 months ago
- 61 Chapter 126 2 months ago
- 62 Chapter 127 2 months ago
- 63 Chapter 128 2 months ago
- 64 Chapter 129 2 months ago
- 65 Chapter 130 2 months ago
- 66 Chapter 131 2 months ago
- 67 Chapter 132 2 months ago
- 68 Chapter 133 2 months ago
- 69 Chapter 134 2 months ago
- 70 Chapter 135 2 months ago
- 71 Chapter 136 2 months ago
- 72 Chapter 137 2 months ago
- 73 Chapter 138 2 months ago
- 74 Chapter 139 2 months ago
- 75 Chapter 140 2 months ago
- 76 Chapter 141 2 months ago
- 77 Chapter 142 2 months ago
- 78 Chapter 143 2 months ago
- 79 Chapter 144 2 months ago
- 80 Chapter 145 2 months ago
- 81 Chapter 146 2 months ago
- 82 Chapter 147 2 months ago
- 83 Chapter 148 2 months ago
- 84 Chapter 149 2 months ago
- 85 Chapter 150 2 months ago
- 86 Chapter 151 2 months ago
- 87 Chapter 152 2 months ago
- 88 Chapter 153 2 months ago
- 89 Chapter 154 2 months ago
- 90 Chapter 155 1 month ago
- 91 Chapter 156 1 month ago
- 92 Chapter 157 1 month ago
- 93 Chapter 158 1 month ago
- 94 Chapter 159 1 month ago
- 95 Chapter 160 1 month ago
- 96 Chapter 161 1 month ago
- 97 Chapter 162 1 month ago
- 98 Chapter 163 1 month ago
- 99 Chapter 164 1 month ago
- 100 Chapter 165 1 month ago
- 101 Chapter 166 1 month ago
- 102 Chapter 167 1 month ago
- 103 Chapter 168 1 month ago
- 104 Chapter 169 1 month ago
- 105 Chapter 170 4 weeks ago
- 106 Chapter 171 4 weeks ago
- 107 Chapter 172 4 weeks ago
- 108 Chapter 173 4 weeks ago
- 109 Chapter 174 4 weeks ago
- 110 Chapter 175 4 weeks ago
- 111 Chapter 176 3 weeks ago
- 112 Chapter 177 3 weeks ago
- 113 Chapter 178 3 weeks ago
- 114 Chapter 179 3 weeks ago
- 115 Chapter 180 3 weeks ago
- 116 Chapter 181 3 weeks ago
- 117 Chapter 182 3 weeks ago
- 118 Chapter 183 2 weeks ago
- 119 Chapter 184 2 weeks ago
- 120 Chapter 185 2 weeks ago
- 121 Chapter 186 2 weeks ago
- 122 Chapter 187 2 weeks ago
- 123 Chapter 188 2 weeks ago
- 124 Chapter 189 2 weeks ago
- 125 Chapter 190 1 week ago
- 126 Chapter 191 1 week ago
- 127 Chapter 192 1 week ago
- 128 Chapter 193 7 days ago
- 129 Chapter 194 6 days ago
- 130 Chapter 195 5 days ago
- 131 Chapter 196 4 days ago
- 132 Chapter 197 3 days ago
- 133 Chapter 198 2 days ago
- 134 Chapter 199 23 hours ago
- 135 Chapter 200 Release in 1 day
- 136 Chapter 201 Release in 1 hour
- 137 Chapter 202 Release in 2 days
- 138 Chapter 203 Release in 3 days
- 139 Chapter 204 Release in 4 days
Translated by Green Cake
Edited by Green Cake
『 Yuri-dono. I can see what appears to be a city ahead of us. 』
When Lindworm said that, Yuri hurriedly looked down at the ground.
But there was nothing that looked like a city, at least not within the range of Yuri’s eyesight.
However, even if Yuri couldn’t see it. If Lindworm says so, then there must be a city on the course.
“You’re right, Lindworm. With your wings, there’s no chance to feel the distance.”
『 I wanted to enjoy my flight with Yuri-dono for as long as possible, so I slowed down to a reasonable speed to fly… I should have taken longer to fly. 』
“My, that’s nice of you to say. Then I’ll ride on Lindworm’s back on the return trip. I could use my transfer magic to get back to Yuritania in an instant, but that would leave me with less opportunity to enjoy my time with you.”
『 It would be my pleasure to do so. 』
“Lindworm, I’m going to do a little [Broadcast] now, please slow down to the point where the sylphs can fly side by side.”
『 It’s easy. 』
After confirming that Lindworm has reduced its flying speed, Yuri uses【 Summon Messenger Beast 】.
After summoning the Sylph, Yuri began today’s [Broadcast] via the [Bond Link] she maintains with people in her country and allies.
As usual, the role of the filming camera was left to the newly summoned Sylph.
“Good day, subjects of the Yuri Empire and its allies. My name is Yuri, and I am the Empress of the Yuri Empire. As I informed you during last night’s broadcast, today’s broadcast will begin now in the morning.”
Yuri said to Sylph, who was filming.
Normally, the broadcast starts at 8:00 p.m., but it would be inconvenient to arrive in the middle of the night to visit another country and request a meeting with the king. That’s why we had told the viewers last night that we would be broadcasting today in the morning.
Yuri instructed Sylph by telepathy to move its position a little further away.
Position the camera as close as possible to the inside of the ‘wind membrane’ that Lindworm wore so it could capture not only Yuri but also her body within the view.
Dragons do not gain lift by flapping their wings, but by using magic to fly in the sky. While flying with this magic, the dragon can surround itself with a ‘wind membrane’.
This membrane protects the dragon from the wind that is flowing outside of it, preventing it from entering the membrane. So long as the filming sylph stays within the range of this membrane, the noise made by the wind will not reach the ears of the audience.
“Today, I’m with my lovely servant beast, so I’d like to introduce her to you.
The girl I’m riding is called Lindworm the Ice Dragon, and she’s a very powerful dragon with a level of 1666. So if you decide to fight her, please be prepared to get hurt.”
『 I am Lindworm, introduced to you by my master.
I’m sure I don’t need to tell you this anymore, but―――levels are just for decoration, so please don’t overestimate them. Of course, my level indeed is 1666, but I’m no match for a 200 level Yuri-dono alone… 』
“My fighting style is a bit unique. So it can’t be helped.”
When Yuri fights solo, Yuri uses a very “unusual” fighting style, forcing her enemies to take the damage and abnormalities it receives via the [Bond Link].
Both Lindworm and Radragulf are extremely powerful dragons. Both of these women are immensely proud of their fighting abilities, so they never choose to fight in any other way than to confront their opponents head-on.
They were too inexperienced and knowledgeable to take on a ‘heretic’ like Yuri, who could not be defeated by physical strength or magical ability alone.
“Now―――As I already explained to the viewers during last night’s broadcast. I am currently on my way to the Volmisian Empire at the request of Lydina. I’ve been asked by Lydina to go to the Volmisian Empire to offer my help in dealing with the ‘Mud Wolves’ that are rapidly increasing in number within the territory of the country, as well as to improve the current situation where the subjects of the country are suffering from a lack of food.
The Volmisian Empire is a nation known for its vicious behavior. Some of you, especially those living in the Duchy of Selsia, may have had the experience of being chastised by the Volmisian Empire in the past. To tell you the truth, I don’t want to cooperate with this empire either, but even though the Volmisian Empire itself is at fault, the people who live there are not to blame. I hope you can understand Lydina’s desire to provide relief to the people suffering from starvation.”
『 The state is guilty, but the people are not. That’s a good phrase. 』
“Thank you, Lindworm. But as the empress of a country, I have no intention of giving free support to the Volmisian Empire. There’s no benefit to my country in doing so.
It seems that there is a shortage of food in that country, but I don’t think there is a problem with anything else. I will demand a reasonable price for the ores, artifacts, or anything else.”
Incidentally, when we surveyed the children of the Yuri Empire about what they wanted in return for their support of the Volmisian Empire, the overwhelming response was to stop their country from claiming to be an empire.
It seems that the idea that ‘there is no need for two empires in this world’ is strong for them. I don’t think there are any requests, but I’m going to put it on the negotiating table just in case.
『 Yuri-dono. I’m sure it’s within the visual range of the human eye by now. 』
“Thank you, Lindworm. Yes―――I can see it.”
There is a large city that can be seen from where Yuri is flying.
The city is surrounded by solid walls of a slightly yellowish hue, with a Y-shaped river running through the city.
From what I’ve heard about the structure of the city from the children of <Nadeshiko>, I’m pretty sure that this city is the capital of the Volmisian Empire, Drisdal.
“It’s pretty big. I’d have to expand the magic by a factor of 220 to bring the entire city within range―――that would take about 11 minutes. Lindworm, I need you to take the lead for me during that time, okay?”
『 …… What? I, I’m doing that? 』
“Yes, please. I’ll be quiet for a while, so you can talk to the audience.”
If you’re chanting in your mind, you can still have a verbal conversation while chanting. The chanting of magic and sorcery requires a lot of concentration, and I don’t want to divide my attention to other things if possible.
That’s why Yuri leaves the lead of the [Broadcast] to Lindworm.
It is unknown whether she will be able to give a good talk to the audience or not. Even if she fails, the audience will still look at her warmly.
『 Now let me tell you about my sister. My sister’s name is Radragulf, and she is nicknamed the ‘The Supreme Dragon’――― 』
Incidentally, Lindworm had been talking endlessly about Radragulf for the entire eleven minutes that Yuri had been concentrating on chanting.
Lindworm is a strong and wise ice dragon, but she is also a bit of a sister idiot. This fact was probably well conveyed to the audience.
“―――Expose everything before me,【 Spatial Grasp 】!”
Even if Yuri flies quite slowly, it will take 11 minutes to get your destined city right under Lindworm’s huge body.
Leaning forward from the dragon’s back, Yuri brought the entire city into view and used her【 Spatial Grasp 】to stay within the area of effect.
As a result of the correct activation of【 Spatial Grasp 】, all kinds of information about Drisdal, the capital of the Volmisian Empire, entered Yuri’s mind.
According to this information, the population of Drisdal was about 28,000. The figures clearly show that the city is quite large in scale.
―――However, it seems that about 20,000 people, or nearly 70% of them, are in a state of ‘starvation’ or ‘hunger’.
Apparently, the severity of the food shortage has reached a significant level at this point.
『 Soldiers and residents in the city are looking at us and making a lot of noise. 』
“It’s tempting to make a fuss when there’s a big dragon flying right above you. Lindworm, would you please lower your altitude to a point where their arrows can’t reach you yet?”
『 Yes. 』
As Lindworm’s massive body gradually descended in altitude to a height of about 300 meters above the city. The confusion in the city became even greater.
Yuri establishes a [Bond Link] using【 Spatial Grasp 】and sends out voice-only telepathy without images to all the people in Drisdal.
“―――Good day, all residents of Drisdal, the capital of the Volmisian Empire. My name is Yuri, the Empress of the Yuri Empire, located in the northern part of this country.
The dragon that is currently flying above Drisdal is a child named Lindworm, who carried me to this land. Since Lindworm is a servant beast, it will not attack without my permission. As long as the Volmisian Empire does not attack us, please rest assured that neither Lindworm nor I will ever attack the people living in the city.”
There are people out on the open-air platform of the royal castle, looking up at us.
According to the information obtained by【 Spatial Grasp 】, it seems that the person at the center of them is Emperor Ludwin, the monarch of the Volmisian Empire.
“Many of you may already know that I am not only the Empress of the Yuri Empire but also one of the main gods of this world. I have been asked by Lydina, the Goddess of Healing, to help the people of the Volmisian Empire who are suffering from the lack of food and dealing with the proliferation of the Mud Wolf.
I seek a meeting with Emperor Ludwin, the sovereign of the Volmisian Empire. I’m going to land the Lindworm outside the south gate of Drisdal, and if you would be so kind as to guide me from there, that would be great.”
After speaking to the people living in Drisdal, Yuri and Lindworm slowly descended to the place just outside the south gate of the city as they had declared.
Even though they descended to a height where arrows from the ground could reach them, the soldiers on the defensive wall did not point their bows at them.
I had heard that it was a vicious country, so I was concerned that even if I tried to contact them after speaking to them through telepathy, I might be shot with an arrow.
Yuri breathed a quiet sigh of relief as she realized that she would be able to talk to the other side without any problems.
Read only at Travis Translations