Sweet Whispers of Counterattack (Before)
- 1 Chapter 66 4 months ago
- 2 Chapter 67 4 months ago
- 3 Chapter 68 4 months ago
- 4 Chapter 69 4 months ago
- 5 Chapter 70 4 months ago
- 6 Chapter 71 4 months ago
- 7 Chapter 72 4 months ago
- 8 Chapter 73 4 months ago
- 9 Chapter 74 4 months ago
- 10 Chapter 75 4 months ago
- 11 Chapter 76 4 months ago
- 12 Chapter 77 4 months ago
- 13 Chapter 78 4 months ago
- 14 Chapter 79 4 months ago
- 15 Chapter 80 4 months ago
- 16 Chapter 81 4 months ago
- 17 Chapter 82 4 months ago
- 18 Chapter 83 4 months ago
- 19 Chapter 84 4 months ago
- 20 Chapter 85 4 months ago
- 21 Chapter 86 4 months ago
- 22 Chapter 87 4 months ago
- 23 Chapter 88 4 months ago
- 24 Chapter 89 4 months ago
- 25 Chapter 90 4 months ago
- 26 Chapter 91 4 months ago
- 27 Chapter 92 4 months ago
- 28 Chapter 93 4 months ago
- 29 Chapter 94 3 months ago
- 30 Chapter 95 3 months ago
- 31 Chapter 96 3 months ago
- 32 Chapter 97 3 months ago
- 33 Chapter 98 3 months ago
- 34 Chapter 99 3 months ago
- 35 Chapter 100 3 months ago
- 36 Chapter 101 3 months ago
- 37 Chapter 102 3 months ago
- 38 Chapter 103 3 months ago
- 39 Chapter 104 3 months ago
- 40 Chapter 105 3 months ago
- 41 Chapter 106 3 months ago
- 42 Chapter 107 3 months ago
- 43 Chapter 108 3 months ago
- 44 Chapter 109 3 months ago
- 45 Chapter 110 3 months ago
- 46 Chapter 111 3 months ago
- 47 Chapter 112 3 months ago
- 48 Chapter 113 3 months ago
- 49 Chapter 114 3 months ago
- 50 Chapter 115 3 months ago
- 51 Chapter 116 3 months ago
- 52 Chapter 117 3 months ago
- 53 Chapter 118 3 months ago
- 54 Chapter 119 3 months ago
- 55 Chapter 120 3 months ago
- 56 Chapter 121 3 months ago
- 57 Chapter 122 3 months ago
- 58 Chapter 123 3 months ago
- 59 Chapter 124 3 months ago
- 60 Chapter 125 2 months ago
- 61 Chapter 126 2 months ago
- 62 Chapter 127 2 months ago
- 63 Chapter 128 2 months ago
- 64 Chapter 129 2 months ago
- 65 Chapter 130 2 months ago
- 66 Chapter 131 2 months ago
- 67 Chapter 132 2 months ago
- 68 Chapter 133 2 months ago
- 69 Chapter 134 2 months ago
- 70 Chapter 135 2 months ago
- 71 Chapter 136 2 months ago
- 72 Chapter 137 2 months ago
- 73 Chapter 138 2 months ago
- 74 Chapter 139 2 months ago
- 75 Chapter 140 2 months ago
- 76 Chapter 141 2 months ago
- 77 Chapter 142 2 months ago
- 78 Chapter 143 2 months ago
- 79 Chapter 144 2 months ago
- 80 Chapter 145 2 months ago
- 81 Chapter 146 2 months ago
- 82 Chapter 147 2 months ago
- 83 Chapter 148 2 months ago
- 84 Chapter 149 2 months ago
- 85 Chapter 150 2 months ago
- 86 Chapter 151 2 months ago
- 87 Chapter 152 2 months ago
- 88 Chapter 153 2 months ago
- 89 Chapter 154 2 months ago
- 90 Chapter 155 1 month ago
- 91 Chapter 156 1 month ago
- 92 Chapter 157 1 month ago
- 93 Chapter 158 1 month ago
- 94 Chapter 159 1 month ago
- 95 Chapter 160 1 month ago
- 96 Chapter 161 1 month ago
- 97 Chapter 162 1 month ago
- 98 Chapter 163 1 month ago
- 99 Chapter 164 1 month ago
- 100 Chapter 165 1 month ago
- 101 Chapter 166 1 month ago
- 102 Chapter 167 1 month ago
- 103 Chapter 168 1 month ago
- 104 Chapter 169 1 month ago
- 105 Chapter 170 4 weeks ago
- 106 Chapter 171 4 weeks ago
- 107 Chapter 172 4 weeks ago
- 108 Chapter 173 4 weeks ago
- 109 Chapter 174 4 weeks ago
- 110 Chapter 175 4 weeks ago
- 111 Chapter 176 3 weeks ago
- 112 Chapter 177 3 weeks ago
- 113 Chapter 178 3 weeks ago
- 114 Chapter 179 3 weeks ago
- 115 Chapter 180 3 weeks ago
- 116 Chapter 181 3 weeks ago
- 117 Chapter 182 3 weeks ago
- 118 Chapter 183 2 weeks ago
- 119 Chapter 184 2 weeks ago
- 120 Chapter 185 2 weeks ago
- 121 Chapter 186 2 weeks ago
- 122 Chapter 187 2 weeks ago
- 123 Chapter 188 2 weeks ago
- 124 Chapter 189 2 weeks ago
- 125 Chapter 190 1 week ago
- 126 Chapter 191 1 week ago
- 127 Chapter 192 1 week ago
- 128 Chapter 193 7 days ago
- 129 Chapter 194 6 days ago
- 130 Chapter 195 5 days ago
- 131 Chapter 196 4 days ago
- 132 Chapter 197 3 days ago
- 133 Chapter 198 2 days ago
- 134 Chapter 199 22 hours ago
- 135 Chapter 200 Release in 1 day
- 136 Chapter 201 Release in 2 hours
- 137 Chapter 202 Release in 2 days
- 138 Chapter 203 Release in 3 days
- 139 Chapter 204 Release in 4 days
Translated by Green Cake
To my surprise, the Kingdom of Hydra seems to have a so-called ‘counterintelligence agency’.
Considering that this other world is at a civilization level similar to the Middle Ages or early modern times, this is an extremely advanced thing.
The counterintelligence agency has its investigative powers and can restrict the passage of gates and bridges, and even arrest citizens at will. Even the aristocracy cannot resist the orders of the counterintelligence agency, so one can only admire the thoroughness of this national policy.
However, the presence or absence of a counterintelligence agency is a trivial matter for the children of <Nadeshiko>.
The four <Nadeshiko> and their followers that we had infiltrated into the Kingdom of Hydra were able to extract all kinds of information from the country in just two days.
It seems that the majority of the army that the Kingdom of Hydra boasts is currently gathering in the capital.
The capital is close to the border with the Kingdom of Rapier, so they are probably planning to use this as a starting point to mobilize their forces.
As evidence of this, it seemed that the government had been vigorously purchasing food supplies in the capital for about two months, and the prices of foodstuffs traded in the market had risen considerably.
It was four days later, on the 11th day of autumn when Yuri received the information about the Hydra Kingdom.
This time, a follower of <Nadeshiko>, who had been hiding in a city called Luster in the Kingdom of Rapier, sent Yuri a report with the word ‘urgent’ written on it.
Luster is the name of the city ruled by Count Mikhail, who is connected to the Kingdom of Hydra.
Yuri opened the envelope, and sure enough, there was a copy of the latest letter from the Prime Minister of Hydra Kingdom to Count Mikhail.
According to the copy of the letter, the departure from the capital of the Hydra Kingdom is scheduled for the morning of the 16th day of the autumn month, and from there it will take two days to travel to the border of the Rapier Kingdom.
The next day, on the 18th day of the autumn month, they will cross the border and invade the land of the Rapier Kingdom, and the day after that, on the 20th day of the autumn month, they will face the defense forces of the Rapier Kingdom, which are expected to be stationed in front of the city of Luster.
The date of the march seems to be a little earlier than expected, but this is probably because they didn’t want the march to be hindered by the snow.
In this world, as soon as the calendar enters the “Winter Moon”, the climate will completely change to that of winter. The Kingdom of Hydra is planning to invade as soon as possible and end the war itself during the “Autumn Moon”.
(I see they haven’t learned that the Rapier Kingdom signed a mutual defense treaty with the Yuri Empire.)
Yuri chuckled inwardly at the fact that the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Hydra envisioned a ‘field battle’ between the armies of the two countries facing off in front of the city of Luster.
In reality, even if the Hydra Kingdom’s army attacked, the Rapier Kingdom’s army would not be deployed. This is because it has been agreed that the Yuri Empire will take care of repelling them, and the Rapier Kingdom’s troops will stay in the city and wait.
As long as the other party is planning to fight in the field, it is safe to assume that there will be no information leaks to the Hydra Kingdom, at least for now.
The letter also described the full extent of the invasion force.
In addition to 14,000 infantry and 2,000 cavalries, the Kingdom of Hydra was also planning to send out 300 dragon cavalry. Also, it seems that 1,000 Transportation Corps will accompany them.
The reason for the rather small size of the Transportation Corps is that there is a river along the border between Hydra and Rapier Kingdoms, and water can be replenished there. After all, drinking water is the heaviest of all military supplies.
Yuri couldn’t help but tilt her head when she saw the quantity of the invading army.
According to the information provided by <Nadeshiko> four days ago, the army currently gathering in the capital of the Kingdom of Hydra should have 16,000 infantry, 2000 cavalry, and 300 dragon cavalry.
In other words, if you go to war as per the copy of this letter from the Prime Minister, there will be only 1000 infantry defenders left in the capital of Hydra Kingdom.
The Kingdom of Hydra seems to be planning to send out almost its entire army to crush the Kingdom of Rapier in a total war.
It is often the case that sending an overwhelming military force, to begin with, will result in less damage than sending a lesser military force. It seems that the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Hydra is very unhappy with the loss of military power.
(I wonder what his face would look like if his military power was destroyed by a single meteorite.)
Yuri smiled bewitchingly as she imagined it.
I would love to break the cowardly Prime Minister’s heart to pieces by confronting him with the cruel reality of a 100% loss rate.
After quickly finishing her morning duties, Yuri used her Transfer Magic.
The destination was, of course, the capital of the Kingdom of Rapier. She was guided through the castle by the guard at the main gate of the castle, whose face she recognized from her recent visits.
“King Raven is in his office. Please wait in the reception room for a while so I can summon him immediately.”
As soon as Yuri sat down on the sofa in the reception room, two maids came and made a cup of tea for her.
The two maids came in and made a pot of tea for Yuri. Maybe it was because she had been here so many times before, but she had already memorized the faces of the maids in the parlor.
“Sorry to keep you waiting.”
“You can take your time if you want.”
Within a few minutes, King Raven came into the reception room.
The maid made tea for the two of them, including Yuri, and then left the room immediately.
They had been told to leave the room when he arrived. I guess King Raven had been careful beforehand not to let anyone else listen to the conversation between the heads of state.
“Here’s a souvenir for you.”
“Souvenir…? What’s this? It looks like a map of our country…?”
“It’s a map that shows the location of the Rapier Kingdom’s natural resources.”
As soon as Yuri said that, King Raven took the map in his hands and peered at it with vigor.
He was surprised and delighted to learn that there was a large amount of silver, iron, coal, and even hot springs buried in the land of the Kingdom of Rapier.
It seems that he had been struggling with his finances for quite some time.
“Thank you, thank you Yuri-dono…! I don’t know how to express my gratitude…!”
“I-I’m glad you like it so much.”
King Raven grasped Yuri’s hands in both of his, and shook them up and down.
Yuri was a little taken aback by the sheer joy in front of him.
This map, by the way, was created by Yuri, who used her Transfer Magic to bring Kanayama-Hime to the Rapier Kingdom and have her survey it.
As the “Goddess of Mines,” Kanayama-Hime is no stranger to examining the resources buried beneath the ground. But if the Raven King was so pleased with the results, it was well worth the effort.
“So, here’s the deal. ―――They’re finally coming for you.”
“… Let’s see.”
His face, which had been full of joy, instantly changed to a grim one.
The Raven King nodded his head “Hmm” after reading the report from <Nadeshiko>.
“That’s pretty much what I expected. After all, they don’t want the war to drag on into winter.”
“I’m sure they do. In any case, the sooner they come, the better for me.”
The sooner they arrive and the sooner we can destroy them, the sooner we can get the skeleton soldiers.
Should we use them to defend our trade routes with our allies, or should we lend them to our allies to defend their cities and villages?
“As promised, the eradication of the invading army will be left to the Yuri Empire.”
“I have no objection to that. Our troops will be stationed in the city of Luster, is that all right with you?”
“No, you can’t do that. If we station a large number of troops in the city of Luster, which is the enemy’s first target, there is a possibility that the enemy will wonder about it and hesitate to invade.”
“Well, that’s certainly true… If we station a large number of troops in the city of Luster, the enemy might wonder about it and hesitate to invade.”
“That’s no good either. You can assume that their secret agents are stationed both inside and outside the city of Luster. Even if we exclude Count Mikhail, inevitably, the information will eventually be passed on to the enemy from the secret agents.”
The Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Hydra seems to be quite a petty person, so he will do at least that.
―――There is a solution to this problem, though: Yuri can use【Spatial Grasp】to uncover the existence of secret agents inside and outside the city and capture them all.
“Mm… That’s a problem.”
“Gather your military forces in the capital. If you need me, I’ll send you to the battlefield with Transfer Magic, so distance won’t be a problem.”
“What a surprise. Yuri-dono is capable of transferring an entire army?”
“Yes, I can. I don’t like to do it, though, because it’s exhausting.”
Yuri is a little hesitant about transferring several thousand people at once since the amount of magic power consumed is not worth it.
Well―――it would be better to set up a【Transfer Gate】and have the troops move in, which would be less of a burden on Yuri.
“By the way, how many troops can you gather in the Kingdom of Rapier?”
“Well… The best we can do without difficulty is about 6,000 infantry and 1,000 cavalries. If we want to bring in more than that, we’ll have to cut back on the defenders in other cities.”
“Oh, that’s not enough. ―――King Raven, I have a suggestion.”
“Let’s hear it.”
“Why don’t we use the Rapier Kingdom to take the Kingdom of Hydra?”
King Raven’s eyes widened when Yuri told him that.
Read only at Travis Translations
Thank you for reading!
If you have any suggestions or feedback just comment below -w-
For novel requests PM me on discord: AmaLynne.#2929