General Staff Merchant’s Return
- 1 Chapter 66 4 months ago
- 2 Chapter 67 4 months ago
- 3 Chapter 68 4 months ago
- 4 Chapter 69 4 months ago
- 5 Chapter 70 4 months ago
- 6 Chapter 71 4 months ago
- 7 Chapter 72 4 months ago
- 8 Chapter 73 4 months ago
- 9 Chapter 74 4 months ago
- 10 Chapter 75 4 months ago
- 11 Chapter 76 4 months ago
- 12 Chapter 77 4 months ago
- 13 Chapter 78 4 months ago
- 14 Chapter 79 4 months ago
- 15 Chapter 80 4 months ago
- 16 Chapter 81 4 months ago
- 17 Chapter 82 4 months ago
- 18 Chapter 83 4 months ago
- 19 Chapter 84 4 months ago
- 20 Chapter 85 4 months ago
- 21 Chapter 86 4 months ago
- 22 Chapter 87 4 months ago
- 23 Chapter 88 4 months ago
- 24 Chapter 89 4 months ago
- 25 Chapter 90 4 months ago
- 26 Chapter 91 4 months ago
- 27 Chapter 92 4 months ago
- 28 Chapter 93 4 months ago
- 29 Chapter 94 3 months ago
- 30 Chapter 95 3 months ago
- 31 Chapter 96 3 months ago
- 32 Chapter 97 3 months ago
- 33 Chapter 98 3 months ago
- 34 Chapter 99 3 months ago
- 35 Chapter 100 3 months ago
- 36 Chapter 101 3 months ago
- 37 Chapter 102 3 months ago
- 38 Chapter 103 3 months ago
- 39 Chapter 104 3 months ago
- 40 Chapter 105 3 months ago
- 41 Chapter 106 3 months ago
- 42 Chapter 107 3 months ago
- 43 Chapter 108 3 months ago
- 44 Chapter 109 3 months ago
- 45 Chapter 110 3 months ago
- 46 Chapter 111 3 months ago
- 47 Chapter 112 3 months ago
- 48 Chapter 113 3 months ago
- 49 Chapter 114 3 months ago
- 50 Chapter 115 3 months ago
- 51 Chapter 116 3 months ago
- 52 Chapter 117 3 months ago
- 53 Chapter 118 3 months ago
- 54 Chapter 119 3 months ago
- 55 Chapter 120 3 months ago
- 56 Chapter 121 3 months ago
- 57 Chapter 122 3 months ago
- 58 Chapter 123 3 months ago
- 59 Chapter 124 3 months ago
- 60 Chapter 125 2 months ago
- 61 Chapter 126 2 months ago
- 62 Chapter 127 2 months ago
- 63 Chapter 128 2 months ago
- 64 Chapter 129 2 months ago
- 65 Chapter 130 2 months ago
- 66 Chapter 131 2 months ago
- 67 Chapter 132 2 months ago
- 68 Chapter 133 2 months ago
- 69 Chapter 134 2 months ago
- 70 Chapter 135 2 months ago
- 71 Chapter 136 2 months ago
- 72 Chapter 137 2 months ago
- 73 Chapter 138 2 months ago
- 74 Chapter 139 2 months ago
- 75 Chapter 140 2 months ago
- 76 Chapter 141 2 months ago
- 77 Chapter 142 2 months ago
- 78 Chapter 143 2 months ago
- 79 Chapter 144 2 months ago
- 80 Chapter 145 2 months ago
- 81 Chapter 146 2 months ago
- 82 Chapter 147 2 months ago
- 83 Chapter 148 2 months ago
- 84 Chapter 149 2 months ago
- 85 Chapter 150 2 months ago
- 86 Chapter 151 2 months ago
- 87 Chapter 152 2 months ago
- 88 Chapter 153 2 months ago
- 89 Chapter 154 2 months ago
- 90 Chapter 155 1 month ago
- 91 Chapter 156 1 month ago
- 92 Chapter 157 1 month ago
- 93 Chapter 158 1 month ago
- 94 Chapter 159 1 month ago
- 95 Chapter 160 1 month ago
- 96 Chapter 161 1 month ago
- 97 Chapter 162 1 month ago
- 98 Chapter 163 1 month ago
- 99 Chapter 164 1 month ago
- 100 Chapter 165 1 month ago
- 101 Chapter 166 1 month ago
- 102 Chapter 167 1 month ago
- 103 Chapter 168 1 month ago
- 104 Chapter 169 1 month ago
- 105 Chapter 170 4 weeks ago
- 106 Chapter 171 4 weeks ago
- 107 Chapter 172 4 weeks ago
- 108 Chapter 173 4 weeks ago
- 109 Chapter 174 4 weeks ago
- 110 Chapter 175 4 weeks ago
- 111 Chapter 176 3 weeks ago
- 112 Chapter 177 3 weeks ago
- 113 Chapter 178 3 weeks ago
- 114 Chapter 179 3 weeks ago
- 115 Chapter 180 3 weeks ago
- 116 Chapter 181 3 weeks ago
- 117 Chapter 182 3 weeks ago
- 118 Chapter 183 2 weeks ago
- 119 Chapter 184 2 weeks ago
- 120 Chapter 185 2 weeks ago
- 121 Chapter 186 2 weeks ago
- 122 Chapter 187 2 weeks ago
- 123 Chapter 188 2 weeks ago
- 124 Chapter 189 2 weeks ago
- 125 Chapter 190 1 week ago
- 126 Chapter 191 1 week ago
- 127 Chapter 192 1 week ago
- 128 Chapter 193 7 days ago
- 129 Chapter 194 6 days ago
- 130 Chapter 195 5 days ago
- 131 Chapter 196 4 days ago
- 132 Chapter 197 3 days ago
- 133 Chapter 198 2 days ago
- 134 Chapter 199 22 hours ago
- 135 Chapter 200 Release in 1 day
- 136 Chapter 201 Release in 2 hours
- 137 Chapter 202 Release in 2 days
- 138 Chapter 203 Release in 3 days
- 139 Chapter 204 Release in 4 days
Translated by Green Cake
It was the 19th day of the winter month, and the winter season was already halfway over.
On this day, <Kikyou> began work on the construction of the third new city following Yuritania and Ulysses.
The current city of Dakart is called the ‘Mining City’, but it is located about four kilometers away from the entrance to the mines, which is a surprisingly large distance.
Perhaps the city was deliberately built at a distance because they did not want the poison from the mine to affect the water in the wells.
It would take nearly an hour to walk the 4km distance one way.
That’s why they load the miners onto the back of wagons in the city of Dakart and send them back and forth between the city and the mines every morning and night for piston transport to get the residents to work. Needless to say, this is inefficient.
After all, the mines where the miners work should be as close to the city as possible.
If possible, it would be ideal if the entrance to the mine could be reached immediately after leaving the city.
<Kikyou> seems to have decided to build a new city at the exact spot where the current entrance to the mine is located.
If we surround the entire new city and the mine with [Purification Ward] deployed by <Red Plum>, we can ignore the mineral poison… It’s like a tour de force, based on that decision.
Nevertheless, the idea of surrounding the entire mine with a [Purification Ward] is certainly commendable in that it will keep the air inside the mine clean.
Although it may cause a strange phenomenon where the clothes of the miners engaged in their work will become clean after being dirty. But that’s okay, I guess.
<Kikyou> had drawn up a rough plan of the new city in just three days, and Yuri had given the go-ahead last night.
This morning, Yuri had sent all of <Kikyou> team to the city of Dakart using [Transfer Magic], so the construction work would probably have started by now.
This time, <Kikyou> will not only build the city, but also the tunnel infrastructure in the mine.
The air in the tunnels will be cleaned by [Purification Ward], but the oxygen concentration will not be increased. It also eliminates the toxicity of the mineral water that comes out of the mine, but it doesn’t prevent water from occurring in the mine itself.
Therefore, ventilation and drainage must be taken into consideration when constructing tunnels.
Since this was <Kikyou> first experience with such a project, they had not set a specific date for completion.
However, Meteora, <Kikyou> captain, said, “No matter how much the work is delayed, it should be completed by the end of next month.”
It was obvious, of course, that this was an incredibly short time compared to the usual number of days it would take to build a city or build a mine.
Since we were planning to build a city and tunnels at the entrance to the mine, we decided to temporarily seal off the mine until the construction work was completed.
Of the citizens currently living in Dakart, those who are working in mining-related jobs have been given 120,000 beth per person as living expenses for two months.
Therefore, the temporary closure of the mines did not cause any complaints from the miners but rather was greatly appreciated by them.
We’ve also set up a [Transfer Gate] in the city that will take you to Ulysses, so the miners can use their excess strength in the [Labyrinth Dungeon].
We’ve also started broadcasting on Dakart, so I’m sure there will be more people who are interested in being explorers.
As she was thinking about various things related to Dakart and the new city. Suddenly, something like a notification sounded in Yuri’s head.
This is the sound that indicates that something that has been set as the target of notification has entered the range of [Spatial Grasp] that is maintained in the city of Yuritania.
“Master, how can I help you?”
Perhaps wondering why Yuri was suddenly leaking her voice, Hamanasu, the <Sakuraka> who would serve as today’s “love duty” and escort, asked.
“It seems that someone has been caught in my [Spatial Grasp]. Did the Volmician Empire send a secret agent…?”
“If that’s the case, I’ll go get him right away.”
“Oh, you’re so dependable.”
Focused my attention on [Spatial Grasp] that I was maintaining, and examined the log.
As it turned out, Yuri’s prediction was completely wrong. It seems that it was the sound of the return of a much more pleasant target to the city of Yuritania than a secret reconnaissance.
“I’m sorry, that was different. It seems that Rubetta and Ados have returned.”
“The heads of the Rostine and Tormark merchant associations, I believe. I heard that they had gone to the Kingdom. It’s been quite a while since they left, hasn’t it?”
“Yes, they left when it was still summer.”
If Yuri’s memory is correct, it was on the 28th day of the summer month that Rubetta and Ados left for the kingdom.
Today is already the 19th day of the winter month, so it has taken me almost two months to get to the kingdom and back. When I think about it, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen him.
“I have a lot of matters I need to discuss with them, so I’m glad they’re back.”
“If that’s the case, shall I run over there and tell them to come to visit you at the palace?”
“Hmmm… Well, could you pass on a message to him?”
“Anything at all!”
Yuri marks Rubetta and Ados, two people she recognizes with [Spatial Grasp], with ‘blue’.
This way, Hamanasu would always know where they were in the city.
“I want you to tell Ruvetta and Ados that I want them to first rest their weary bodies from their travels and then take care of their own business, which has been absent for so long. If you don’t mind, I’d like you to visit the palace after that, when you have more time.”
There are many things I want to discuss with them, but none of them are urgent.
They are only merchants, they do not work for the government. It’s enough to think of them as second in priority to your business association.
“Well, if it’s all right with you, my lord… I’ll let him know.”
Yuri waved Hamanasu off as she walked out of the office.
Yuri then leaned back in her chair, deeply.
Inwardly, Yuri quietly thinks so.
Yuri maintains [Spatial Grasp] after exercising it in all the cities and villages within the land of the Yuri Empire.
So if Rubetta and Ados had stopped by other cities and villages before arriving at the city of Yuritania, they would have heard the notification sound at that time.
If they were coming back from the kingdom side, that is, from the eastern side of the Lily Empire, they could have stopped in the village of Notoku, 30 kilometers east of Yuritania, to get food and water, or to let their horses rest and feed them. It seems like a good place to stop by.
Besides, there is also the city of Ulysses, 20 kilometers east of the Yuri Empire.
The city of Ulysses is quite large, so it should be visible from a distance.
It was a city that did not exist when Rubetta and Ados went to the kingdom, so if they saw a city that had suddenly appeared in the middle of nowhere, they would probably stop by out of curiosity.
―――But they didn’t stop in either Notoku or Ulysses, because [Spatial Grasp] didn’t record it.
This means that they did not stop at either of the cities or villages and returned to Yuritania.
(―――Did something happen that made it necessary to rush back to Yuritania?)
Otherwise, there would seem to be no need to return in a straight line to Yuritania without stopping anywhere.
Yuri tried to think of various reasons in her mind, but unfortunately, she could not come up with any other valid reason.
The door to the office was pushed open with a bang! and Hamanasu returned.
It took her a net of about five minutes to return from her earlier departure. There was no need for her to rush off to tell me.
“Welcome back, Hamanasu, did you meet them?”
“Yes! I’ve given master message properly! ―――It is!”
“… Hmm? Is there something wrong?”
Yuri asked, guessing from the words.
Hamanasu nodded once with a somewhat mysterious expression on her face.
“Rubetta-dono and Ados-dono both said, ‘We have something to discuss with Yuri-sama immediately.’ He’d like to see you as soon as he can, if possible.”
“Hmm…? All right, if that’s the case, let’s meet.”
If both Rubetta and Ados wanted to meet with her, Yuri had no objections.
Today’s work was mostly done, and there was no urgent business, so it was perfectly fine to make time for the two of them.
“He also said that he is bringing a guest to see my lord. If possible, he would like you to meet him in the audience hall, not in the reception room or the office.”
Yuri wondered who it was―――and focused her attention on [Spatial Grasp].
It would not take much effort to find out who had entered the city of Yuritania at the same time as Rubetta and the others by examining the record logs.
Yuri secretly shouted in admiration.
The person that Rubetta and the others were accompanying turned out to be very important.
Read only at Travis Translations
Thank you for reading!
If you have any suggestions or feedback just comment below -w-
For novel requests PM me on discord: AmaLynne.#2929