Chapter 41Things you can obtain in someone else's territory (4)
Translated by X-treme
Edited by X-treme
Chapter 41: Things you can obtain in someone else’s territory (4)
The king of Roserun, Roserun the Great, was blackmailed by Bridget Kingdom emissaries.
“Your Majesty, will you obey the Imperial Order?”
“……I will not surrender!”
Barely fourteen years old, the young king shouted with all his might, but the envoy replied with a grin.
“Oh, I see. But do you think you can defend your country? Wouldn’t it be better for you to surrender and enjoy the rest of your life in peace, instead of risking death?”
His tone was arrogant, but no nobleman was repulsed. They were only afraid of the Bridget Kingdom.
“It is my duty as the king to protect the land and people of Roserun ……I will not surrender. Go back before I cut off your head!”
He was obviously trembling, but only a young king could think for the good of his country.
“Then everyone in the Kingdom of Roserun will be slaves. And you still don’t regret it?”
“If we surrender, our people will not be enslaved?”
At the king’s words, the envoy smiled and began to speak.
“Have you not read the royal decree? It guarantees the lives of the king and his family.”
This also meant that no other guarantees would be made.
“Then we can’t surrender even more! Get out of here now!”
The king shouted again, and the envoy shook his head.
“Your Majesty has now made the worst possible choice. The people may think that they would rather be slaves than die.”
In fact, the visit itself was more aimed at dividing the king, the nobles and the people than surrendering.
After the emissary left the Roserun Kingdom was thrown into chaos.
“I’ve thought about it and I think we should surrender. It’s the only way to survive!”
Count Shala of Roserun exclaimed.
“Outrageous! Have you forgotten the past when the King of Bridget slaughtered his own people? How can we be safe if we surrender to that madman?”
When the Marquis de Bruxla rebutted Earl Shala shouted even louder.
“We, the nobility, may surrender if we are promised the treatment of the nobility.”
Count Shala said that he didn’t care if the people were enslaved or not. The Marquis of Bruxla shook his head.
“Where can we get such a guarantee? There have been many times in history when surrendered country nobles were purged. It’s better to run away and go to Lunan.”
The young king just looked as if he was about to cry in the midst of the pathetic conversation of the nobles. Duke of Lucheek, who had been watching silently, opened his mouth.
“What are you making such a fuss about? The queen, Lady Sedalia, is the daughter of the Lunan King. Besides, Lunan is our ally, and we even pay them tribute. We can call for reinforcements!”
Count Shala shook his head at those words and said.
“However, the Lunan Kingdom is not in a very good situation due to the war with the Narja Kingdom…….”
“We have the trust of our allies and you think we’d abandon them just because things aren’t looking good!”
Then the Marquis of Bruxla raised his voice in agreement with the Duke of Lucheek.
“I have no worries as long as we have the help of the Lunan Kingdom, which even defeated the Narja Kingdom. If we can’t receive reinforcements or lose, we can just run away then!”
Then the other nobles began to make a fuss about it being the best choice.
“Your Majesty, if I may? Send an envoy to Lunan immediately!”
“But, but, who should I send……?
“Isn’t there only one person who can handle such an important job?”
“Who else could it be?”
The nobles all nodded in agreement.
* * *
Yurasia Roserun, the first princess of the Roserun Kingdom. She was the first of three children left behind by the previous king of Roserun.
“Is there a reason why Bridget Kingdom is suddenly threatening Roserun?”
When Yurasia arrived at the royal capital after crossing the border, she asked Count Battin, a nobleman of the Roserun Kingdom and resident diplomat of the Lunan Kingdom, who welcomed her.
“It is the assessment of the Bridget Kingdom that the recent major war with the Narja Kingdom has weakened the Lunan Kingdom.”
“So you’re saying that our ally and friend, the Lunan Kingdom, can’t afford to help us?”
“Indeed, Your Highness.”
“Just as I thought.”
Yurasia clenched her fists at Battin’s words.
I wonder if that’s really true. Did the Lunan Kingdom become so weak that they can’t help us?
Battin shook his head at Yurasia’s question.
“The southern territories of the kingdom could not even participate in the war during this time, that’s how fast the Lunan Kingdom army marched to Linon Castle, so there is a surplus of power…….If only they could send a decent commander…….Well, if Roserun troops and Lunan troops are combined the number of troops will certainly be greater than Bridget’s.”
After hearing the information from Battin, Yurasia immediately visited the royal palace and knelt in front of the throne.
“Your Majesty, the Bridget Kingdom is attempting to invade Roserun. Unfortunately, the forces of my kingdom are not a match for them. I ask this from the standpoint of my brother’s country, your ally. Could you please send reinforcements to your long-time ally, Roserun?”
Of course, the King of Lunan frowned when he heard this. It was something he was not at all comfortable with.
“Sedalia asked you to do this? If it’s too dangerous for her, she should just run.”
Duke Ronen agreed with the king’s words.
“We are in a situation where we need to keep the Narja Kingdom in check, and the damage caused by the recent war is also significant. I’m sorry to hear about our ally’s war, but the Lunan Kingdom doesn’t have that kind of power right now.”
It was different from what Battin had said, but it was natural. Ronen had no intention of consuming his troops in a war that would be meaningless even if he had power to spare.
“I’m sorry, but we are still at war with those atrocious Narja people. It will be difficult to provide reinforcements under such circumstances.”
Read up to 16 chapters ahead.
Read only at Travis Translations
Read only at Travis Translations
- 1 Chapter 1 5 months ago
- 2 Chapter 2 5 months ago
- 3 Chapter 3 5 months ago
- 4 Chapter 4 5 months ago
- 5 Chapter 5 5 months ago
- 6 Chapter 6 5 months ago
- 7 Chapter 7 5 months ago
- 8 Chapter 8 5 months ago
- 9 Chapter 9 5 months ago
- 10 Chapter 10 5 months ago
- 11 Chapter 11 5 months ago
- 12 Chapter 12 5 months ago
- 13 Chapter 13 5 months ago
- 14 Chapter 14 5 months ago
- 15 Chapter 15 4 months ago
- 16 Chapter 16 4 months ago
- 17 Chapter 17 4 months ago
- 18 Chapter 18 4 months ago
- 19 Chapter 19 4 months ago
- 20 Chapter 20 4 months ago
- 21 Chapter 21 4 months ago
- 22 Chapter 22 4 months ago
- 23 Chapter 23 4 months ago
- 24 Chapter 24 4 months ago
- 25 Chapter 25 4 months ago
- 26 Chapter 26 4 months ago
- 27 Chapter 27 4 months ago
- 28 Chapter 28 4 months ago
- 29 Chapter 29 3 months ago
- 30 Chapter 30 3 months ago
- 31 Chapter 31 3 months ago
- 32 Chapter 32 3 months ago
- 33 Chapter 33 3 months ago
- 34 Chapter 34 3 months ago
- 35 Chapter 35 3 months ago
- 36 Chapter 36 3 months ago
- 37 Chapter 37 3 months ago
- 38 Chapter 37.5 3 months ago
- 39 Chapter 38 3 months ago
- 40 Chapter 39 3 months ago
- 41 Chapter 40 3 months ago
- 42 Chapter 41 2 months ago
- 43 Chapter 42 2 months ago
- 44 Chapter 43 2 months ago
- 45 Chapter 44 2 months ago
- 46 Chapter 45 2 months ago
- 47 Chapter 46 2 months ago
- 48 Chapter 47 2 months ago
- 49 Chapter 48 2 months ago
- 50 Chapter 49 2 months ago
- 51 Chapter 50 2 months ago
- 52 Chapter 51 2 months ago
- 53 Chapter 52 2 months ago
- 54 Chapter 53 1 month ago
- 55 Chapter 54 1 month ago
- 56 Chapter 55 1 month ago
- 57 Chapter 56 1 month ago
- 58 Chapter 57 1 month ago
- 59 Chapter 58 1 month ago
- 60 Chapter 59 4 weeks ago
- 61 Chapter 60 4 weeks ago
- 62 Chapter 61 4 weeks ago
- 63 Chapter 62 3 weeks ago
- 64 Chapter 63 3 weeks ago
- 65 Chapter 64 3 weeks ago
- 66 Chapter 65 2 weeks ago
- 67 Chapter 66 2 weeks ago
- 68 Chapter 67 2 weeks ago
- 69 Chapter 68 1 week ago
- 70 Chapter 69 1 week ago
- 71 Chapter 70 1 week ago
- 72 Chapter 71 22 hours ago
- 73 Chapter 72 22 hours ago
- 74 Chapter 73 22 hours ago
- 75 Chapter 74 22 hours ago
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog